Sunday, April 22, 2007

AFFLICTION !

I lay painless, in a pool of blood…

Even the days bright sun, gave up, when the wound refused to dry.

I had tried hard to see what could hurt me more..

But the pain u inflicted was more painful that I could not even cry.


I stabbed myself, It did not hurt…What hurt me more was you…

Each time I thought about it.. the affliction was something new..!


Everyday there was a hope that things would be better

I loved you with all my heart; I gave you my everything…

U chopped my trust into pieces; Ripped me off my self esteem,

U gifted me with a shattered pride, am now left with half a wing..


I slit my wrist, it did not hurt.. You butchered me, yes it was you..

Each time the knife tore my skin.. the affliction was something new..!


While I am growing weak, there is something within, that beats for you…

Are you so callous, why cannot you see that I still feel....

When I blink I capture your image… When I breathe, it speaks of you…

You stripped my confidence, but my love for u, u can never steal..!


I cut a finger, It did not hurt…What hurt me more was you…

Each time I thought about it… the affliction was something new..!


The times when we kissed, when you held me close..

It was all fake and I was used like a whore..

I leave this world with a lot of bruises, one for each time you deceived..

If am ever re born, I will still love you and of that am sure..


I burn my lips, It does not hurt… you burnt me alive, it was you…

Each time the flame eats me up… the affliction is something new..!

7 comments:

Madhu B G said...

U have got a great variety....
But still wondering what made u write this????
It seems there are no words to express pain.... But after reading this poem i feel otherwise...
One more great one to ur list....

I am waiting to see a funny one the next time around :)

PudDle F mUd :) said...

...i kno ppl r cooing d same question agn n agn :) "y dis kinda poem?!"
i ll skip dat..
i loved d poem despite d pungence to d feel.der s always something very human abu vot u rite.like d one in memory of sarayu,dis one too has a raw feel to it..but yes i wud rate dat one higher anyday :)
i wonder how u can come up vit somethign like dis jus like dat..beats me!!
cheers di :)
PS:comic attempt wud b welcome yes!

Vikas said...

Why would u write something like this. Unlike what the others say... it's quite disturbing.

BHATTA said...

mmm..!
a poem of extremes eh?
Am wondering the same.. what made u write this.. ;)

Unknown said...

I may have to express the same opinion as other...why this of all things?

leosevents said...

Hey to start with...cool blog girl...Could relate to every word in affliction...

Cheers
Keep blogging
Leo

Twilight!!! said...

amazin poem,jus toooooooooo good. it speaks of so much pain. i'm not gonna ask u y u wrote this,cos i know tat this is a piece of imagination. n by d way,now i know where i got my talent from!(p.s:i'm nowhere even near u in intensity,bit i'll improve)
cheers,u r jus too good.
luv.