Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trapped in Madison !



With ambitions aplenty
I stare at this visa print
I am headed to this hyped country
With a hope of making some mint

White carpet welcome is embellished with snow showers
Half a smile of achievement escapes
As I step out to start a new phase
Half a smile of anxiety follows

Undoubtedly beautiful is the place where I reside
But I get to appreciate it only on the bus ride
A moment is all I get to embrace the sunshine
Then I am lab stuck from noon to nine

Back to school after a long break
It’s so different and hard to take
I am alienated in this alien place
You guessed it right my grades are at stake

I can’t handle this pressure I want to flee
It has been just a few days but I’m missing home already
To make it worse, I can spot Verilog where ever I see
Is it trying to invoke the nerd in me?

I headed to this hyped nation
I chose books over a beer pint
But my craziness is retreating hint by hint
Am I really enjoying my new stint?

9 comments:

Madhu B G said...

Nice one....

Stay focused and just think about how you need to fare
Remember that you are not alone there you have people who care
The results will be worth all the pain you are going through
Its not easy but you can do it, I believe in you

S.. Diva said...

good one..
keep it going, girl!

Unknown said...

Well written.I felt the same when I first came here. I know that "feeling of wtf am I doing here". I wanted to go back home. But trust me, its only a matter of time and you will back to writing your jolly poems ;)

saras said...

super!
keep it up!
walk on white carpet!run back on red carpet with flying colors!

Ashwini said...

So true it is!
Well written!

Sadashiv said...

Waaw..awesome kaNe..
Im sure u will reap the results later!

Nandini said...

lovely expression of thought!!!
I feel trapped too..but pushing myself to see the Sun shine one day!

Unknown said...

Awesome !

Divya said...

@all: Thanks :)